Connect In Housing/Events is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Connect In Housing/Evenrs may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy has been updated on 15/05/2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
name and job title
contact information including email address
demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How we process your personal data
Connect In Housing/Events complies with its obligations where your personal data is concerned by keeping it up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data we hold.
Where we store your personal data
Our security measures include encryption of data and security controls that protect our systems form external attack and unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
Connect In Housing/Events will never share your data with any other companies, unless purely for event purposes
Types of data we collect
- Cookies are text files which our web site, like most sites, places on your computer when you visit. For further information about cookies, visit aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
- When you visit www.connectinevents.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site.
- This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
- As part of the registration process for you to receive newsletters and updates from us, we collect personal information. We use that information to tell you about the upcoming awards and nomination information you have asked us to keep you informed about, to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information, to check our records are correct and to occasionally check that you are happy and satisfied.
- We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our marketing and news / updates. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our mailings. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails.
How long we keep your personal data
- For data processing for the purposes of award bookings or general queries we will keep your personal data for as long as is required for legal reasons and to maintain records.
- For data processing for marketing purposes, we will keep your data until you unsubscribe from our email communications or you withdraw your consent.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold about you at any time. Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office about our processing of your data, details on the process for which can be found at https://www.gov.uk/data-protection/make-a-complaint
Please send written requests to Connect In Housing Ltd 12 Schoolhouse, 2nd Avenue, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1DZ